ShowPassword v2.6
to show the hidden passwords
Download (150Kb):

ShowPW: show a hidden password

This application allow to view the passwords which are hidden under asteriks. If you find any textbox with invisible password (asterisks instead characters), the password may be easily revealed by this tool - just execute it and move the mouse cursor over the textbox.

For example, you have the some program with password line: your mail accounts, personal code for private folder, login in network or Window login.
In each these situations the passwords in MS Windows will be hidden and you have no standard way to view the values. You must remember or write somewhere in papers. This is standard method for security.

It's good because anybody can't use the your passwords. But let imagine that you forgot some password or can't find the paper with written security code. In this situation you must change the password and remember the new one. But you can't change it because before changing you must enter the old value for password. This is the other item in standard security for MS Windows.
It's good too in 99.99% of cases but the rest 0.01% can be very important to you...

I was in same situation when I decided to re-install the MS Windows - I couldn't save the passwords for my i-net connections (with dial-up to ISPs) and settings for my mailboxes before deinstallation. My default dialer and mailer do not allow to view the passwords, save to file or copy to clipboard.

I developed the small program (ShowPW) to hook any standard editbox with asterisk instead password and show the normal value in textbox:

ShowPW: show a hidden password

The new our version allow to show the password in browser (Internet Explorer)

As extended feature I added the "Set a password!" button and you may change the "decrypted" password and put it back in "hidden" mode with asterisks.

You can use and deploy this program free without any modifications in archive.

Note that next OSs supported by ShowPW:

  • Windows 95
  • Windows 98
  • Windows ME
  • Windows NT (v3/v4)
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 2008
  • Windows 2010
  • Windows 10
  • Windows 11
See also

You may try also the another our security tools:

Borland Software Scalabium Delphi tips

Copyrightę 1998-2024, Scalabium Software. All rights reserved.